(Sorry this is a bit long)
When I was little, all I ever wanted was to be like everyone else. Unfortunately I was diagnosed with epilepsy, a learning disability and anxiety in grade 2. From then until grade 8 I never felt like I belonged with any group or really fit in. Anything the other kids would do would take me twice the amount of time and effort. I wasn’t popular, or smart, or athletic, or even pretty, and I remember having a meeting with my grade 8 teachers and they told me I’d be lucky if I made it to university, if not college, and in the start of 11th grade my old friends said my life was wasted and I probably wouldn’t finish high school because of drugs.
In grade 9 I started working on school more, and by the end of the year my marks were still less than my classmates, but I was catching up. In the 10th grade I was at the same level as most of my classmates, and finally getting the same grades at my friends. I went from a 50s-60s student to a 90s student. Now at the end of the first semester of 11th grade, I’m getting higher marks than most my classmates (still have room for improvement).
The point is, it doesn’t matter what people tell you, you’re the one who runs your life so you’re the only one who can decide how it’ll turn out. Nothing I got was effortless and I had to put in so much work to get where I am now. Just remember that no matter how you start, effort and time is all you need for anything.
[link] [comments]
from Things that motivate you https://ift.tt/3pvVbyQ

0 Comments