It's past time for this, but I thought it might help someone. My 2021 journal entry:

12/31/20 - It's the last day of 2020. Looking back I've got mixed feelings about the year. I achieved so so much, yet the whole time I've been cowering safely inside my comfort zone. I've missed out on the sort of social life I want to live, barely pushed past anything I thought I couldn't do, and don't feel like I am what I know I can be. I need to do something I think I can't, and I need to do it again and again and again. Becoming incredible happens in those moments you want to give up, not when you need to be incredible.

I can't find a social life in this town. I don't have this stamina to endure a lengthy challenge. I can't speak easily and clearly. I would turn into a wreck if I tried to handle a situation without my usual comforts. I always overthink situations. Im not good enough for the girl I want. I could never survive in college. I can't focus. I have no work ethic

As sad as it is, those statements defined my 2020, and not all of the incredible experiences I had - and all it's because I believe them. I can keep trying to break though these beliefs by just thinking hard enough, but that's a complete joke. I need to DO something. I need to beat these stupid ideas to the ground. I need to be on top of a fourteener at 5 in the morning. I need to be on a date with a beautiful girl. I need to spend every day under a little bit of pressure. I need to get off my lazy behind and get. crap. done.

Kai. Do it today, do it now. Name something you entirely believe you can't do, and just DO IT.

submitted by /u/thekaibrown
[link] [comments]

from Things that motivate you https://ift.tt/3okiB92

Post a Comment

0 Comments