I have low intelligence and I don't know how I will make it in life..

I am a 21 year old male and I am afraid of how I am going to survive in this world. I always struggled in many areas of my life such as work, school, family relationships, etc. I struggle with critical thinking/logical thinking. This causes me mess up at my job and I don't think quickly at times. I keep forgetting lots of stuff and performing horribly in many jobs that I do. There's been a saying of "Don't compare yourself to others" but this is the one of the hardest things for me to do because I always feel lower than my peers in everything that I do. My classmates, cousins and childhood friends have gone on to amazing professions such as medical doctors, lawyers, software engineers and high finance.

I am still living with my parents, going to college while working a shitty minimum wage job that barely pays enough for my parents bills. I understand that I am that person in your family who is bringing shame because I didn't amount to anything in life while my siblings are about to enter the health field. After seeing multiple therapists and psychiatrists, I still feel the same way and nothing has changed. I have tried many different skills and hobbies such as playing the piano, chess, programming, writing novels, drawing, painting, philosophy, and making Youtube videos but it all fails. It's just not working for me. I am a young adult who is in his late college years and I still write like I am 13 or 14 years old. How embarrassing is that!!

I truly believe that I have some type of curse or something put on me because many people have told me throughout my life that I would never amount to anything in life and it seems like they are right. I don't have anything to contribute to humanity. When I was in high school, I was tested for a learning disability and my IQ was in the low 80s with slow processing speed. The psychologist who gave me the test told me directly that I am doomed to blue collar jobs and I might end up dead or poor in life because I am such a dumbass. I am not trying to rant or anything but I am deeply concerned with how my life is going to be and if I will survive at all up until the age of 70. Please give honest thoughts and answers please

submitted by /u/throwaway7492977
[link] [comments]

from Things that motivate you https://ift.tt/3dlrsV7

Post a Comment

0 Comments