I'm at a crossroads right now. I want to become a US Marine. Become independent and a man I can be proud of when I look in the mirror.

But my parents want me to go to college and get a degree in computers. Get a programming job or something. They think its the fastest and safest route to success(money, in their opinion). They're great parents. I love them.

Its just so hard and scary to say no and stand for myself and my dreams, though. I don't really know why.

I can either choose to brave and fight for what I want and become a or cower and submit to what they want me to do. I've been in the submission state for 2 years....I need to stand up for myself. I can't and shouldn't live like this. But its so damn scary to do what needs to be done.

Its something like Kylo Ren said. "I know what I have to do. But I don't know if I have the strength to do it".

I dared myself to talk to them yesterday. Gave myself two days. But I'm really scared. Can someone slap me and tell me to be brave or something? I need it.

submitted by /u/Reiben123
[link] [comments]

from Things that motivate you https://ift.tt/3txcalz