I’ve been at my job for about a year. I’ve grown a lot in my position and have learned a lot. I’m being given tasks to work on products and their experience design since that’s what I’m going to school for. I have no complaints outside of sometimes feeling like a mother because I’m asked to do some weird, personal-assistant level shit for people. All in all, I really love it where I am and wish I could stay.

The reality is, I’m not going to be. My partner and I are moving at the end of the year. For the longest time, I’ve been in a state of limbo, sadness, emptiness, and frustration on settling into life where we are now with friends and careers because I knew we would be moving, was just a matter of when. We keep building family and friend and professional relationships here but I know I have to break ties at the end of the year, which leads me to have an extremely apathetic view of everyone I meet and everything I do.

My question is: has anyone been in a similar situation, and if so, how did you stay motivated?

submitted by /u/eyesofbutterflies
[link] [comments]

from Things that motivate you http://bit.ly/2HHty1r