Like too many people awake in the middle of the night dwelling on their mistakes, disappointments and embarrassements, I suddenly switched gears and asked myself what I am proud of. It was an amazing experience.

I started watching myself from childhood on.

I loved family in spite of the fact they didn't deserve it. I stood up to bullies. I learned to read and write with little guidance and loved it. I respected nature. I was loyal to friends and tried to understand enemies.

I grew older and was honest. I faced love and heartbreak and dared to love again. I worked hard for myself and my child. I wasn't the best mom but no one could have loved her more.

I worked hard and honestly for 50 out of 67 years. I took care of my parents in the end.

I embraced the weird and wonderful. I was willing to understand the outsider. I loved my neighbor as myself.

My list goes on but you have your own lives to consider.

Next time you're awake in the middle of the night and only thinking of your negatives, STOP and remember the things you did good. Those things are in your mind and memories too. And I think they're more important than that other junk.

submitted by /u/Queentoad1
[link] [comments]

from Things that motivate you http://bit.ly/2VrlzPD