Hello Reddit community,

I'm a 3rd year medical school student and I have exams coming up in exactly 24 days. It will be a hard exam session because I have 9 exams over 1 and 1/2 months and I have lost track in many subjects.

A few days ago, while searching on the internet what study/revision technique is the most effective (scientifically proven), I came across websites claiming that doing flashcards and spaced repetition are the best way to go forward.

After that I searched for a good flashcard application for my Mac and found out that "Studies" should be good and doing the work. I got the program and started by creating flashcards and revising with that.

I found out that it was very powerful and effective, as I was remembering everything. It was kind of fun to even study with the app, creating flashcards, letting the program ask me in a random order to revise the flashcards.

Now, let's come to the downside. Although I am remembering everything I memorize with the flashcards and I have a good feeling while studying with it, I am going forward very slow. I have realized that I'm loosing a lot of time creating these flashcards, summarizing and rewriting all the material in my own words after trying to understand them. Because the exams are literally knocking on the door (24 days), I was wondering if I should quit doing it that way and instead going back to my old technique: reading and rereading, trying to memorize everything (which is not fun at all to be honest) in a nonsystematic way as I'm used to it?

What would you do in my case Redditers?

P.s.: please forgive me for my spelling/English mistakes, I am not a native English speaker.

submitted by /u/bey1
[link] [comments]

from Things that motivate you http://bit.ly/2HvJhR3