This just a personal story which I'm honestly hoping could possibly be used to help motivate others who might have hit the same wall I did.
The fittest I've ever been was when I was 17, 7 years ago now when I was actually doing a lot of exercise, doing Kendo and playing basketball. I weighed 196ilbs and actually liked the way I looked!
Fast forward to the start of this year, where I was the heaviest I had ever been! I weighed in at 266ilbs, I hated the way I looked and my lifestyle was a mess (Piles of uncleaned dishes, laundry never put away, messy flat etc.). I decided to start with arguably, the harder of all the options and attempt to lose weight. I started walking to work and slowly cut out some food, eventually dropped about 260ilbs, but I kept coming up against a wall, no matter how much I tried I could never break 252ilbs, I kept getting to it and just never pushed past it! Every time I stood on my scale it would read anywhere between 252ilbs and 260ilbs to the point I was almost scared to ever stand on it!
I started to give up, and just put on weight again... until I had my wisdom tooth removed. The diet I ended up going on to avoid any problems caused me to finally get past my wall and drop to 250ilbs!
This somehow caused a massive change in perspective for me, I started taking care of myself more: getting a nice hair cut, throwing out and replacing my wardrobe and tidying my flat. It was like this one wall, this one thing I could never break past was the one thing holding me back from fixing everything else about myself... I had put up this barrier and told myself "Why bother with anything else? If you don't do this, how will you do anything else to help yourself?"
Two weeks ago I went swimming for the first time in a decade!! Since I was 14!! I'm now going for an hour every single morning and managing to swim 4 x 250m doing an average of 1:23 50m intervals!
Last week I went to the Gym for the first time in over 6 years! And damn, the feeling of lifting weights again has been incredible, I'm sitting here with probably some of the worst muscle soreness I've had in years, but it feels fantastic because I can really see myself keeping this routine going!
So yeah! Just a personal story. I've lurked here a lot and reading through these posts and seeing what everyone has to say and how people work themselves has been such a massive factor to getting the self-motivation and more importantly self-discipline I needed to get myself going. So thank you all!
[link] [comments]
from Things that motivate you http://bit.ly/2Jdoghc

0 Comments