At the beginning of every month for 6 months or so now I've made rules for myself for that month. Sometimes it's things like "no drinking" or "read for 30 minutes every day". There's usually 4-7 rules of varying importance and difficulty. I don't get mad at myself when I break a rule but I generally do a pretty good job of not and they're all attainable. I've been trying to build better habits and to stop bad ones. 30 days seems like a good way to try new things without losing my cool over commitments.
One rule that I've had on there for a long time is to take vitamins. Placebo effect or not I've always felt better when I get into a routine of taking vitamins. Well I was looking at my list of rules for the month and saw that on there and realized that it doesn't need to be, because I don't forget to anymore, I've made it part of my routine. It's a little win but it sure feels good!
[link] [comments]
from Things that motivate you http://bit.ly/2v9PtYU

0 Comments