So I have been having serious problems with work for the last few years. They expect X,Y, and Z but yet never train me to meet these requirements. Ive been angry about it and have tried to do some change myself but it fails due to no leadership buy-in. Well after another round of frustrations that leads back to failure to train and the constant culture of "Go teach yourself or sucks to suck, get gud scrub" i have had 3 opportunities that popped in front of me to change jobs in the last month. I denied the 1st just cus i know it wouldnt be a good fit. The second was because there were too many vague things going on. This most recent would be a drastic job change from computers to more admin work. Im not going to lie, i went down a depression spiral thinking it was the universe saying "GTFO!" and was about to take it just to get out of a bad few days. Then calmed down and talked to a friend in another work center and he admitted the culture is real all across our career field, and it might not be good to jump out of computers and lose what little knowledge i have.
Then i realized something. I am having a rough day, ready to jump ship, but am i actually going to benefit myself or am i just lashing out? Boiling it down, am i a coward, willing to give up for personal pleasure now but maybe not good long term gain? Or am i going to fight and try to change the mentality at my work. Am i going to be the change on training others? Am i going to reach out to my new cycle of leadership and try to get their buy in?
I admit, it was easy to take the offer but i am no coward. I am going to fight. I am going to keep pushing myself to better my knowledge and others. I posted here because, in part because i am happy with my decision but also in part, i know some people just need the words to grasp onto the idea. So ask yourself, are you the coward that is going to give up or are you going to fight?
Thanks
[link] [comments]
from Things that motivate you http://bit.ly/2Dq5qik

0 Comments