I remember back in 2009, before Steve Jobs died, he gave a speech at some Ivy League school and gave the advice “Stay Hungry.” And I remember my father asking me what I thought that meant. I was 12 years old.
I think now I have a better interpretation of it than when you asked me back then.
I think it means:
Leave room for growth. Leave space for new ideas and new things. We have so much mental capacity, yet by thinking that we know everything, we use up that capacity and become less adaptable. I’ve noticed something happen when you “retain” things in life. When you retain satisfaction, you end up naturally pining for more of it, and will in most cases chase the best part of it. I’ve noticed this in retention food, sex, creative endeavors, etc.. when you leave room for more, you’re always gonna be learning and becoming better, and it makes the experience that much more enjoyable when you get what you want!
Stay hungry, folks.
[link] [comments]
from Things that motivate you https://ift.tt/2Fr3sQ6

0 Comments