Hi, I am a 23 year old girl from Toronto, ON, and I started a body transformation journey when I was 14 years old. I grew up in a Korean society where the majority of the people I knew openly talked about beauty, and in their eyes, being beautiful meant being skinny. Unfortunately, I was influenced by it hard... so this is my story. I started my diet when I was 14 (2009); I would intermitting fast and not eat past 6pm. That was reasonable. By the end of that school year, I had lost about 20 pounds. I was very happy with the results and wanted to see more and more. As years went by, I was able to maintained my new weight! Unfortunately, in grade 12, I got rejected to prom... (via promposal) which made me feel even more self-conscious and want even more change. However, the only thing I knew how to do was to lose weight. I stopped eating past 3:30PM. I would eat at 7:30 am; just grilled vegetables- no salt or pepper or anything. For lunch, I'd have a salad with homemade dressing and chicken breast; and for dinner, I ate sweet potatoes. I lost about 40 pounds in a very short month. Then during that summer, I wanted to keep going with this weight loss and managed to lose about 85 pounds in total. My starting weight was 175 pounds and I went down to 90 pounds at a height of 5’7. This unfortunately went down the wrong path. It led me to develop an eating disorder, which spiraled down to depression and anxiety all at the same time. I started to lose energy, happiness and hope. I was afraid to ask for help, afraid of judgment, and I was in denial. I had my family and friends beside me to tell me to go get help but I was just so much in denial that I didn’t listen to them. If you are someone that was in the situation I was in, do not be afraid; seek help. They are there to help you and not judge you. It wasn't until this year that I really started to notice all of this. I needed to make change happen so I started to go to the g,ym. By going to the gym, my life drastically changed. I realized that to truly better myself and find happiness, I needed to stop worrying about the numbers on the scale every time I stepped on it. Instead of obsessing over how much I weighed, I started focusing more on building a healthier body not just for other people, but myself. I started to gain energy, I started to fix relationships with the people whom I love; I started gaining back my health (gained 10 pounds and muscle), happiness and hope. I want my story to be heard by many people so they know they are not going through this alone and that things will get better. The only person that can change you is YOU.
Fat > Dangerously Skinny > Now
[link] [comments]
from Things that motivate you https://ift.tt/2TbBA6k

0 Comments